Cyber Security Awareness
Your privacy and security are important to us at Harleysville Bank. We work hard to ensure your data is safe and protected from unauthorized access. As the customer you can also help to enhance the security of your information by following some simple Cybersecurity best practices.
- Never provide your personal information (account number, social security number, passwords, etc.) to any website unless you are certain the website is legitimate and protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL– the tiny padlock in the address bar)
- Never click on links or attachments in an email unless you are certain of who sent the email and were expecting it. Criminals can disguise the destination of a link without you knowing so if you are unsure, don't click.
- Never give out your online banking credentials (username and password) to anyone – Harleysville Bank employees will never ask you for your online banking password. Check your credit report at least once per year to make sure no credit has been opened in your name without your knowledge.
- Change your passwords frequently and make sure they are not easily guessed.
- Do not share your debit card number or PIN with anyone. If you think your card has been compromised call the bank immediately.
- Keep your antivirus and other security software up to date.
Below are links to additional cyber security resources:
Keeping Children Safe Online (US-cert)
Dealing with Cyberbullies (US-cert)
Teen cyber safety (stopthinkconnect.org)
Security awareness (SANS Institute)
Keep your tax records safe (IRS)