Harleysville Bank was built on a foundation of trust and personalized customer service. As your community bank – and Your Trusted Financial Partner – we are committed to local decision making, quality financial products and exceptional customer service.
The community involvement of our directors, management and team members separates us from large regional and global banks. We are aware of the issues and concerns of our communities because it is where we live and work. And we are able to respond to these needs with our financial and human resources.
Guidelines for community support
Harleysville Bank is dedicated to supporting worthwhile organizations and causes in the communities we serve. The following factors will be taken into consideration with each request:
- Whether the organization and/or event is held within our market area and if it benefits the people who live there.
- The credibility of the organization and the number of people served.
- The total amount of contributions to the same organization.
- The organization's relationship with the bank and/or its team members.
- Eligible organizations must be nonprofit, tax-exempt as defined in section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, or a public service organization or institution.
- Special consideration will be given to organizations focused on providing community development, housing, youth services and education.
We do not support:
- Personal requests of individuals.
- Organizations designed to influence legislation or elect candidates.
- Organizations that discriminate against a protected class of individuals.
- Organizations that practice illegal, unethical or unsafe activities.
In addition to providing financial support, our team is willing to serve and assist with community projects and financial education or other educational needs. If your organization could benefit from our volunteers, let us know. In-kind donations Harleysville Bank makes in-kind donations of merchandise and product packages for nonprofits in the communities that we serve. Requests should be sent in writing with an outline of the items requested and how they will be used.
Public relations and community support programs are coordinated through our marketing department. All requests received should provide the information noted on the community support request form.